This document applies to all personal information held by Tal-Maghtab Construction Company (referred to in this policy as “TMCC”) as the controllers of your personal data and goes into detail on how we processes your data, why do we process it, with whom this data may be shared, in what situations we may share this data and all the measures we are taking to ensure that your data is safe and secure. The terms of this policy will apply as long as you are a client to TMCC but will also continue to apply after you cease to be a client. It also applies if you have sent us your data to be part of our marketing mailing list and also if you have applied for a position with TMCC.
The data controller as defined under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is generally referred to as the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”), is Tal-Maghtab Construction Company Limited registered under Maltese Law, having registration number C 11485 and registered address at Tal-Maghtab Construction, Ramla Road, Naxxar, NXR 6541.
GDPR is a new EU regulation, which seeks to strengthen the protection given to personal data. In the highly digitized world we live in today, information has become essential. We strive to ensure that any personal data that we have in our possession, is properly processed in terms of the law and shall strive to ensure proper protection for your personal data.
Personal data is personal information about an individual, like you. We collect such information in relation to our clients and also on our employees or potential employees when they apply for a position with us.
TMCC, through this website or through the general provision of its services, may collect personal data from you. You would be giving us personal data in any of the following events;
- Engaging TMCC to provide our services – We would need to request certain information to be able to proceed, which could include names and surnames, identification details, contact details and addresses. Bank details may also be collected in relation to payments.
- Submitting a query – By submitting a query through our website, you would be providing us with personal data.
- Applying for a position with us – You may send us a CV in relation to applying for a position with us and therefore, you will providing us with your personal data.
We shall always process your data legally in terms of the current laws and regulations and in terms of the GDPR.
As an applicant to work at TMCC, we process your information due to the fact that:
- You have consented to the Processing of the personal data. As soon as TMCC determines that we no longer require your data, your data shall be deleted, unless you consent to your data being kept for a further period.
As a client, we process your information due to the fact that:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of our obligations;
- Processing is necessary due to other obligations imposed by law;
- Processing is necessary to be able to protect our legitimate interest.
Personal data is personal information about an individual, like you, which can be used to identify you as a separate individual.
If you apply for a position with us, this may include:
- Names, surname, date of birth, residential address;
- Identification documents like ID Cards and passports;
- Your CV;
- Correspondence with or about you;
- Banking information;
- Contact details;
- IP Address and email.
We may also collect personal data on you when we provide you with a service. This can include:
- Names, surname;
- Contact details;
- Identification details;
- Bank details for payment purposes.
This information may be properly held as explained below.
Certain other information may be classified as special personal data which includes any information relating to the following;
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinions;
- Religious or philosophical beliefs;
- Trade union membership;
- Genetic data;
- Biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person;
- Data concerning health;
- Data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation
We will never store or process any data which is deemed to consist of special categories of data without obtaining your prior written consent or unless required under law.
Your data is processed through our systems usually for TMCC to be able to provide you with our services. Data is stored on our systems and servers securely and is used primarily to provide you with our services.
In some cases your data may also be processed by a third party processor, in terms of the current data protection laws, who will assist us in fulfilling our service standard. We may be compelled to share your data with the competent authorities in certain situations.
Should you be applying for a position with us, your personal information shall only be processed for the purposes of determining if you are a suitable applicant. Should TMCC decide that your application would be denied, TMCC will delete your data immediately unless you have otherwise consented for your data to be kept for a specified period.
Since your personal data is owned by yourself, you have the right to decide what happens to your data. Your rights are:
- You have the right to access your data. You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal data.
- You have the right of recitifcation of incorrect data. If any data we have is incorrect, you have a right to ask for correction of such data.
- You have the right to be forgotten and that your data is earesed after the passage of time. You may request TMCC so that any data that we have on you is deleted. As stated above, due to legal requirements, your data will be held by TMCC for the periods stated in the data retention section and then deleted.
- You have the right to restriction of procession. This can be done in the following cases:
i. Where you are contesting the accuracy of the data, while such a claim is being checked;
ii. If we proecess your data unlawfully
iii. If we no longer need your data but are keeping the data because we need it for a legal claim;
Kindly note however the if you exercise this right, it may hinder the ability of TMCC to provide you with the required services, since we may need your personal data to be able to provide you with our services.
- You have the right to data protability. Your data may be requested in a machine-readable format and you may also request that your data is transfered directly to another person or service provider directly.
- You may object to the processing of your data. You may at any time inform us that you are objecting to the use of your data for direct marketing and after which we shall stop using your data for such purposes.
- If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
In making your request in relation to the above, please not that:
- We will analyse your request and provide you with a reply within 1 month, except in extreme situations as allowed under law. In such a case we will provide information as to why your request was not acceded to within the 1 month period.
- We have the right to refuse your request, if your request is not justified. In this case we shall inform you as to the reasons of why your request was refused.
- We have the right to charge a fee or refuse your request in extreme situations where your requests are manifestly repetitive or excessive.
- When you are making a request, we may request documentation to identify the person making the request.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the deata protection authority of your habitual residence if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the law. You may also file an action aganst us in a court of competent jurisdiction if you feel your rights have been infringed.
In terms of the local laws and regulations and the GDPR, we strive to provide the best possible protection for your personal data.
This is to ensure that:
- Your data is processed according to law;
- Your data is not processed in violation of your rights;
- Your data is obtained and stored for a specific lawful purpose;
- You are properly informed about your rights and about your data;
- The date processed is required and not excessive;
- Your information is accurate and updated;
- Your information is stored safely and securely;
- Our IT systems are properly protected from attack in order to safeguard your data;
- Your data is kept accordingly to our established time frames and not for a longer period than required;
- Your data is not transferred to jurisdictions which do not adhere to equivalent standards without the appropriate safeguards as stated under law.
We do not use personal data for direct marketing purposes.
To be able to provide you with our services he have appointed third parties to assist us. In some cases your data is transferred to such third parties, or such third parties may have access to your data. These third parties can be classified in the following categories:
- IT Security – Service providers who help TMCC in ensuring that your data remains secure
- IT Backups – Service providers who assist TMCC in relation to backups for business continuity purposes so that your data is not lost
Such information shall only be shared or accessed by such third parties, if:
- We have obtained your consent before;
- Such transfer of data is necessary for the performance of our services;
- Such a transfer of personal data is required under law or other a lawful request by a competent judicial authority.
We shall strive to send your data only to other EU countries or other countries which ensure proper protection for your data. When transferring your data to countries which are not deemed as such, proper measures in terms of the law shall be applied to ensure the protection of your personal data. In cases where such measures cannot be achieved, personal data shall only be sent to these countries if necessary to perform our services and also subject to your prior consent.
We shall retain any personal information provided to us in terms of the law and shall delete any personal data when such a retention period lapses. In this regard, TMCC stores information as follows:
- Any personal information on prospective employees shall be deleted immediately after we decide that such individual will not be engaged with TMCC, unless consent is provided. In such a case we shall keep such information for 6 months
- Any information in relation to clients or prospective clients, shall be kept as follows:
i. Any personal information related to a client shall be kept for 5 years after the service has been completed. Such information is kept to protect our legitimate interest.
ii. In relation to information obtained from our website, such information shall be deleted immediately, when it is determined that we do not need such information anymore.
TMCC utilizes proper security systems to ensure that your data is kept in a secure and safe manner and has also invested considerable resources in this regard. Such measures may include encryption, firewalls, special software and also engaging of specialized individuals to provide your data with a proper level of security.
This website does not utilize and tracking cookies.
Kindly note that our website contains hyperlinks to other websites. Please note that TMCC is not responsible for the content of these other websites or their respective adherence to data protection laws and rules. TMCC does not provide any quality controls to such websites and shall accept no responsibility for their performance, security, accuracy, content or privacy in relation to your personal data.
If you wish to make any inquiry regarding your personal data, wish to have any of your data corrected or request access to your personal data, you may contact us on the below details. Please note that we may charge a fee or refuse requests which are manifestly repetitive or excessive.
Any request must be in writing and must also include your name, address and a description of the information or correction required. We may also ask for other identification documentation. Such information is essential so that we can identify you properly.
Telephone number: 00356 2142 2003
Address of TMCC: Tal-Maghtab Construction, Ramla Road, Naxxar, NXR 6541, Malta
This Policy has been updated on the 28/05/2018
© 2017 Tal-Maghtab Construction Co. Ltd. All rights reserved.